Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Enjoy the Opera

--
I've just installed the new Opera web browser version 9.10. I'd heard a lot about it before, but I love Firefox so much I didn't see why I should move. But the new browser has built in anti-fraud protection,

If you enable fraud protection, every time you request a web page Opera contacts a server to check for phishing. Opera's partnered with GeoTrust, which provides a whitelist and a blacklist, and Phishtank, which provides a blacklist. Opera downloads the blacklist from Phishtank and sends queries to GeoTrust.




That and the fact that Firefox wasn't talking nicely to Blogger Beta (which has caused me more harm than good) has led me to try it out. So far so good, it's easy to use, has a nice clean interface and the widgets are particuarly nice. I love widgets and was delighted to see a Pandora widget which enables you to listen to Pandora radio while browsing without having to open up the entire website. I'm not sure if I'll stick with Opera, but competition like this is great for bloggers.

No comments: