Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Amazon Kindle arrives in Europe

Amazon's e-reader device has taken the world by storm. It is top of the best selling and most wished for items in Amazon USA. It's not the first e-reader by any means but it is the first to do what Apple do, to provide an easy way to get content onto your device wherever you are.

They've announced a price cut and international availability.

Now I have always thought that I have no interest in getting one. I like physical books, I like the fact I can read them on the beach and get them wet and sandy without worrying, I like the fact I can throw them into the bottom of my bag without a care and I love the fact that they are so cheap (most I buy second hand for around £2).

But I love gadgets and the Kindle really does intruige me. If it was cheap enough...

No comments: