Saturday, November 08, 2008

AirTunes



After months of procrastination I've finally got a wireless router. I went for the Apple AirPort Express, and I love it already. Why - well apart from being a superfast router, and super small, it has AirTunes out of the box. AirTunes is the ability to stream your music over your wireless network. So I sit here typing with my iTunes open, and it streams the music over to my big stereo on the other side of the room, without any wires. What prevents me from listening to the music on my iTunes library more is that I don't like the sound from my tinny laptop speakers, but now it's coming through the stero with as much richness and bass as an mp3 can muster. Plus Heather can now listen to all my music on her computer and educate herself. I can listen to her wide selection of Christmas music and vegetales songs. Great. It was a breeze to set up and works perfectly.

No comments: