Thursday, May 24, 2007

The National - Boxer

I haven't written about this record yet, partly because I'm still smarting at not getting a copy, but by all accounts, it's a good one.



If you liked Alligator, the previous release, a beautiful slow burner if ever there was one, then The Boxer is (allegedly) even better. As Dave can testify, if we were stuck for what to listen to, we could always guarantee a satisfying play of Mr November or Lit Up. I'll have to get a copy soon, if you have one, what do you think of it?



In the mean time, I'll content myself with samplers.



MP3: The National - "Fake Empire"

Stream: The National / The Boxer

Video: The National - "Mistaken For Strangers" (YouTube)

Video: A Skin, A Night preview

MySpace: The National

2 comments:

aaron said...

i'm really enjoying it so far andrew. check it out. thanks for the tip. might even get alligator soon too.

David said...

Hey man, 'Boxer' is incredible! Another great record from The National.