Friday, January 27, 2006

Goodnight Grandaddy

Grandaddy, those guys with the biggest beards in indie/space-folk have decided call it a day. Their new album, Just like the Fambly Cat will be their last. The band has no plans to take it on the road either.

The first track from the Sophtware Slump, he's simple, he's dumb, he's the pilot is one of those defining songs in my musical progression. I think it signaled my departure from mainstream music. As I heard those swirling guitars I was hooked. From then I endeavoured to unearth more of this creative, conceptual force.

Bearded frontman Jason Lytle says that it has been an 'erosion' of sorts, and now everyone is free to pursue their own project. But Jason has not given up on music, 'I don't intend on ever stopping. I've actually tried to stop a bunch of times, but it's not really possible'.

Just like the Fambly Cat is due on V2 on May 9.

No comments: