It's super (duper) tuesday today. I'm fascinated by the whole thing. If, like me, you'll be up to the wee small hours watching the results trickle in, then The Guardian says, this is what you should listen to:
1. Sufjan Stevens - Adlai Stevenson
Oblique tribute to the liberal Illinois gobernor who lost twice to Eisenhower.
2. The Byrds - He was a friend of mine
An Affectionate, albeit belated send off to JFK
3. Drive-by-Truckers - Wallace
Infamous segregationist, Alabama governer and 4 time loser George Wallace goes to hell in this song.
4. Marvin Gaye - You're the man
Looking for someone to beat Nixon
5. Manic Street Preachers - The Love of Richard Nixon
Appropriate but rubbish song from a worse album
6. Gill Scott-Heron - B-Movie
Welcoming 'Ronald RayGun' to the oval office
7. Grandmaster Melle Mel - Jesse
Jesse Jackson, only the 2nd african-american to run for the white house rocks the hip hop vote.
8. Paris - Bush Killa
Does what it says.
9. !!! - Me and Giuliani Down By The School Yard
Seems quaint now that he's gone.
10. Bright Eyes - When the President Talks to God
Conor Oberst condemning GW Bush.