I originally posted this a while back but right now everybody seems to be putting theirs out so I thought I would move it up the list a little.
I've been asked to compile my top 10 albums of the year for a magazine. It was something I hadn't really given much thought to until now. So after a bit of head scratching I've made it. Number one was easy, but I had a bit more trouble deciding the bottom five. Close contenders were Maria Taylor 11:11 and Iron & Wine's Woman King, but then it is only an EP. Here we go.
1. Sufjan Stevens - Illinois
2. Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake It's Morning
3. Sigur Ros - Takk
4. Josh Rouse- Nashville
5. Ryan Adams – Cold Roses
6. Arcade Fire – Funeral
7. Brendan Benson – The Alternative To Love
8. Richmond Fontaine – The Fitzgerald
9 Duke Special – Adventures in Gramophone
10. The Mountain Goats – The Sunset Tree
Top 10 lists are by their nature controversial. Who would you change/add? Leave a comment.