Thursday, January 15, 2009

Goodbye Ryan Adams, Goodnight Cardinals



This is a bit of a suprise. But then again with Ryan, perhaps not.

Ryan Adams has announced a break from music. The Cardinals are dissolving, playing their last gig on March 20 in Atlanta GA.

He posted on his blog that he is looking forward to "quieter times" and announced an end to smoking, blogging, insomnia, "narcissistic over-indulgent behaviour" and his relationship with "someone I loved". "Me – 34, a non-smoker and happy for the first time in my life,".



"Atlanta will be my last venture with the band and I am grateful for the time we have had and maybe someday we will have more stories to tell together," he wrote. "I am, however, ready for quieter times as I think it is very evident I am struggling with some balance and hearing issues."


Adams said he is suffering from Ménière’s disease, which can cause loss of balance, vomiting and nausea. He's been together with the Cardinals now for five years.

The post on his blog was deleted shortly after it was put up. In it he said that despite taking a break from music, he will carry on with creative output, notably writing. He promises two books to follow on from his collection of poems and short stories.

Who knows when we'll get another Ryan Adams record, if ever, what do you think?

No comments: