With food prices soaring, TIME magazine has an article on how to gourmet cook without spending top dollar. Click the link for the lot but below is my favourite recipe.
Spaghetti With Pancetta and Chili Flakes
Recipe by David Myers, Sona, Los Angeles
• 6 quarts of water
• 1 pound spaghetti
• 4 ounces pancetta
• Chili flakes (to taste)
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 2 lemons (juiced)
• Salt and pepper
1. Salt the water and bring to a boil.
2. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.
3. While pasta is cooking, dice pancetta in 1/4-inch pieces.
4. In a large saut� pan, cook pancetta until crispy.
5. Pour out all excess fat and add cooked pasta to the same pan.
6. Add chili flakes to taste.
7. Evenly mix in the olive oil and lemon juice.
8. Season with salt and pepper.